Sunday, 11 January 2015

IBS and Beyond

Im finally beginning to understand. This is all beginning to make sense to me. It is all connected.
My body is broken because my mind is broken. I believe i can put anything i like into my body without consequence. How have i not seen that i am living with the consequence every single day. Its all connected, like a web. And it all starts with what goes in.
I still believe we shouldn't see foods as good or bad, its a sure fire way to condemn ourselves to failure. I just have to be aware of whats going into my body and the effect it has on me. I have to pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me. Our bodies tell us exactly what they're feeling, sometimes more clearly than we would like!
All the things i have been trying to cure, trying to find the source of, it all centres from the same place. Food. All the things they've been trying to diagnose me with over the years. CFS, IBS, TJS, Chronic Back Pain, Nausea, Migraines, Insomnia, the list is never ending. All i ever hear is 'there is no cure, only managing the symptoms'. No. There is a cure. I am in control of my body. Time to see what effect all this junk really had on my body, and my mind.

I already know (well at least I'm pretty sure) i have a Lactose intolerance, my father and sister both have so it only makes sense. Saying that, i have never experienced what effect a lack of lactose would have on me. I have experienced what a lack of carbohydrates does, i lose weight rapidly, less bloating, less fatigue. But is that through a lack of carbohydrates in general or a lack of Gluten? All i remember is feeling this way, pain and fatigue is all i know. What would it feel like to not have that, what would we be capable of? Its time to start eating for my body, not my mind.



If you want something 
you've never had

you must be willing to do something you've never done.